Hermon’s Office365 Subscription gives every student and staff member access to the full Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) online.
Before you can use it, you must register with your school email address (email@example.com).
- To register, click here and fill out the form with your username, password, and other details. Check your FirstClass email for the Verification Code, and then click “Start”.
- Once the registration is complete, click here to access your Office365 apps.
- You can also now use the Microsoft links displayed under Applications –> Office on your Linux desktop for quicker access.
The full Microsoft Office 365 Training portfolio is available here.
FirstClass Web Services is the new way to access your existing FirstClass email. https://fcws.hermon.net or http://fc.hermon.net will both take you to the new FirstClass Web Services site. These links will also work on your phone and are preferred over the FirstClass App that you may see in your phone’s app store. If you are in the new Linux (Blue Tux), the FirstClass link under Applications –> Internet –> FirstClass will simply take you to the FirstClass Web Services webpage.
The videos below are designed to give you a brief introduction on the new features of FirstClass Web Services:
In the new Linux (Blue Tux), there has been an update to the Citrix Receiver. It is now entirely web based, but still requires some initial setup.
- If you have created a desktop shortcut, it will no longer work. You will need to create a new shortcut by navigating to Applications –> Internet, and dragging “Town Office Desktop” to your desktop or to your top bar.
- Go to Applications –> Internet –> Town Office Desktop, and click it. A web browser will open and take you to the Citrix Xen StoreFront.
- You will be presented with the Citrix Xen StoreFront, enter your usual Citrix username and password here, and click “Log On”.
- Click the “Town Office Desktop” button to launch your desktop.
- A pop-up will appear, asking you to select which program to use to open this link. Make sure “Citrix Receiver Engine” is selected, and put a check in the box next to “Do this automatically for files like this from now on”, and click OK. The next time you launch the desktop, you will no longer be presented with the pop-up.
- You will now be at your regular Citrix Desktop.
This website exists to post announcements and public documentation from the HermonNet IT Staff.