In the new Linux (Blue Tux), there has been an update to the Citrix Receiver. It is now entirely web based, but still requires some initial setup.
- If you have created a desktop shortcut, it will no longer work. You will need to create a new shortcut by navigating to Applications –> Internet, and dragging “Town Office Desktop” to your desktop or to your top bar.
- Go to Applications –> Internet –> Town Office Desktop, and click it. A web browser will open and take you to the Citrix Xen StoreFront.
- You will be presented with the Citrix Xen StoreFront, enter your usual Citrix username and password here, and click “Log On”.
- Click the “Town Office Desktop” button to launch your desktop.
- A pop-up will appear, asking you to select which program to use to open this link. Make sure “Citrix Receiver Engine” is selected, and put a check in the box next to “Do this automatically for files like this from now on”, and click OK. The next time you launch the desktop, you will no longer be presented with the pop-up.
- You will now be at your regular Citrix Desktop.